"IOM offices will be closed on Monday, 10th October 2022 observing Eid Milad un Nabi"
“The Service fee of health assessment for Canada, Australia, and New Zealand is revised and effective from 1st August 2022”
“As of 1st August 2022, a service fee amounting to 10% of the individual total fee will be deducted for a refund of UK un-screened cases who have already deposited the IOM fee at the designated bank”
The Migration Health Division (MHD) at IOM Pakistan was established in 2001 to conduct the health assessment activities which expanded in October 2005 in response to the earthquake, known as the Emergency Health Programme. It has further evolved since 2007 after getting the mandated to perform the TB Screening for UK visa applicants and Health Assessments for Australia, Canada and New Zealand.
IOM - Migration Health Division (MHD) Pakistan provides the Immigration Medical Examination services for the immigrants and refugees applying for temporary or permanent visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand and Pre-departure Tuberculosis screening for United Kingdom. In addition, IOM-Migration Health Division (MHD) Pakistan conducts the medical examination for refugees resettling to the United States of America under the US Refugee Admission program and prospective Pakistani students intended to study in Malaysia and Korea. Pre departure immigration medical examination benefits both the host as well as the destination countries through the early detection of communicable diseases like active Pulmonary Tuberculosis.
Besides Immigration Medical Examination and Pre-departure screening of migrants, IOM- MHD Pakistan also assisted the Government of Pakistan by providing primary health care support for the flood-affected communities in Punjab and southern Sindh between 2010 and 2011.Moreover, the program furthermore assisted on refurbishing the damaged health facilities during the early recovery phase of the flood affected regions.
The immigration medical examination services are available at four different centers in Pakistan (Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore and Mirpur):
- Pre-departure TB screening for United Kingdom
- Immigration Medical Examination for Australia
- Immigration Medical Examination for Canada
- Immigration Medical Examination for New Zealand
- DNA sample collections
- Quality Policy
We, at the Migration Health Division of the International Organization for Migration (IOM) in Pakistan, are committed to deliver consistent quality services to the delight and satisfaction of our applicants and to ensure and maintain the quality of our services according to the International Standards and applicants’ requirements.
We shall achieve this by:
- Fulfilling all internal commitments on time,
- Continuously training ourselves, upgrading our professional skills realizing that quality is everyone’s direct responsibility,
- Developing team spirit among ourselves,
- Continually improving our quality management system,
- Abiding by all applicable laws, regulations, and requirements; and,
- Addressing risks and opportunities appropriately.
- Polio Vaccine Information
All travelers out of Pakistan should receive polio vaccine between 4 weeks to 12 months before departure. Pakistan’s major Government Hospitals and District Headquater hospitals provide the oral Polio vaccine and issue valid certificate of Polio vaccination for the traveler. If you have already received the Polio vaccine, then you need to bring the valid Polio vaccine certificate to IOM at the time of Immigration Medical Examination. Those undertaking urgent travel should receive a vaccine dose at least by the time of departure. You must carry the valid Polio certificate while travelling out of Pakistan.
- General Information About Medical Assessments
- Depending on your past or current medical condition, Panel Physician may advise you for the additional medical tests and/or specialist consultation at the time of initial medical examination.
- If your chest X-ray is abnormal, presenting changes, suggesting active Tuberculosis or if there are other clinical reasons to suspect TB disease, you will be referred for sputum testing. Sputum will be collected in the early morning working hours for three consecutive days. The testing with sputum culture takes 8 (eight) weeks from the last day of sputum specimen collection. In case of inadequate sample, recollection might be requested when the result will be further delayed.
- If you are diagnosed as having active Tuberculosis, you will be advised for the TB treatment which will take minimum 6 months to complete.
- You may need to complete the furtherance request for additional medical test or specialist consultation after the submission of initial medical examination. If you have been informed about your furtherance earlier then you should contact us immediately for the appointment.
- Australian, Canadian and New Zealand IME , the medical documents will be submitted electronically after receiving all the reports. You may contact our call center at +92 (051) 111-466-472 or send a request to email@example.com, if you wish to inquire about your status health case submission.
Office location and hours
Ph: +92 51 111 466 472
8:00 am to 05:00 PM Monday to Thursday
8:00 am to 12:30 PM Friday
Closed on Saturday and Sunday